Thursday, December 23, 2010

Badener Chrabeli - Little Claws from Baden


When looking up the Spitzbuebe recipe, I came across this recipe which had been on my to -do list and seemed easy enough for me to execute.


It has a funny looking shape resembling claws with ingredients that didn't seem terribly exciting and I am not partial to "white" food but I was pleasantly surprised when I took my first bite. Lightly crisp on the exterior and soft and chewy inside, It is marvelously light with a subtle anise aroma. It was also fun to see them rise and form little "feet" like well made macarons.


The dough is the same for making Anisbroetli which is also the same as the German Springerle. If you have the beautiful molds to form them in by all means use it but if you don't you can make Badener Chrabelis instead. You may already have these classic recipes if you don't I would be pleased to share the recipe just leave me a message and I will email you the recipe.

Chrabeli's waiting to be baked

2 comments:

Anonymous December 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM  

I wonder if I have been using too much flour. The dough seemed quite wet to me in the recipe I had, so I added flour, then I used more when forming the cookies. I don't think I could ever describe mine as light and fluffy. I was thinking it would be hard to form them if the dough was so wet. Do you have this problem?

Anonymous December 10, 2014 at 5:09 PM  

Where is the recipe?

About This Blog

About This Blog